Task 3 - Combining Media and Materials

Task 3 - Combining Media and Materials


I began by sketching the plan onto another sheet of paper, then I used blue water colour for my sky. After doing the sky I decided to do a dab of green onto the floor of my drawing to see if it was the correct green which it was.


My next task to do complete the grass. I used a light green throughout the entire grassy part. Then I added patches of dark green and brown which I will blend. I used brown water colour paint for the tree trunk.


In this image it shows you what the grass looks like after I had blended it. I also used the crumpled up tissue paper just below to tree to add a mud like effect.


I then used grey acrylic paint, which I created using black and white acrylic paint mixed, on the wall. I used the sponge and dabbed it on the wall till it was covered.


Next I moved onto the tree's leaves. I used a glue spreader and spread the green acrylic paint around the tree's leaves.


Now I moved onto the stairway/ramp leading into an inside area. I used a brush and two different colour's of acrylic paint, a light grey and a darker grey to show a difference between the two parts.


I then painted a much darker grey onto the stairway/ramp. I will add some white dabs using a sponge to look like light is shining off of it.


This is where I added the white acrylic paint to the ramp to add the effect of light shining of it. I also painted the tower behind the wall.


Finally I added some white acrylic paint into the sky to symbolize clouds and I added more tissue paper onto the floor to look more muddy.